How to import Manufacturer libraries

halshomes

Hi CA Users,

I have X9 and I am trying to import what I feel would be basic Manufacturer's libraries into CA. I do not have SSA and it seems that CA is blocking me from getting anymore library content than what came stock. I am doing more kitchen and Bath design  and need the big players like Kohler, American Standard LG. GE. and on and on. I was a Merillat clicked the link and it took me to the CA Library page and basically said I had to have SSA to download their library? WTF? Really! Am I going about this all wrong?

I have a handicap customer and I need ADA cabinets to choose from, not the pitiful selection in the Accessible CA library.

I sure hope I'm doing something wrong, I could use some experienced help with this Please. 

Hal

X9 (started with Version8 back in the 90s)

2011 Mac Mini  OS Sierra Version 10.12.6 (16G2136)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

For ADA cabinets configure cabinets after placing from the build menu. There are no, zip, nada, cabinets in the mfg catalogs; just doors, molding, finishes.

There is no LG or American Standard either. You can get individual symbols (usually dwg) from Kohler and GE on their web site or 3D warehouse (skp or dae). Some other brands the same way.

MFG catalogs are dependant on the MFG. For fixtures they have Brizo, Delta, Kohler, and a couple of bonus catalogs .

As to cabinets I seriously doubt we will ever see them in Mfg catalogs, too many but really not needed in the least. Configuring cabinets has gotten so easy, saving config in whole or partial, is now a breeze with style palettes. A lot has happened since X9.

FWIW I was a KD and a dealer for 20 yrs and now half my clients are. Chief does just fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1