SEEKING LONG-TERM GREEN BUILIDING DESIGN INTERN AND CAD TECHNITION

greenedgecraig

Two established and growing green building design firms:  Green Edge Design, LLC located in Salida, Colorado and Integral Design Studio, located in Mount Shasta, California are looking to collaborate long-term with a current Chief Architect Premier user who has a strong passion for green building and who is wanting to get into the green building design sector.  These two firms have a combined green building design experience of over 50 years and are needing to expand their capacity as this sector continues to grow. 

This position would provide collaborative design and drafting services for both firms and would be based on a fee for service/contract basis.  Fees would be based on the experience of the candidate and the type of services rendered.  Typical design services would include:  CAD detail development, construction documents production, final build plan set editing and review.  Opportunity for collaborative design is also possible, once the successful candidate is up to speed with our current production protocols.

Minimum Qualifications: The right candidate would possess a lifelong passion for green building design, sustainability, and low carbon living.  Experience, training, and education in green building design is strongly preferred.  Proficiency in Chief Architect Premier X12 is a must, as is having your own independent company, reliable design equipment and X12 software and a reasonably open schedule.  Candidate must also live in the western region and have direct experience with green design in at least one of these western states: Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, California, Montana, and Nevada.

If you are young and new to the professional green building world, this could be a great opportunity to learn the trade and start making money right away.  If you are older and looking for fill-in work, this could also be a great opportunity.  For the right candidate, we can offer both training and mentorship.  We are looking for someone who wants to dedicate themselves to a career in green building design and we can help you get there without the headaches and responsibilities of doing this on your own.  

If you feel you might be the right candidate for this unique position, please PM me through the Chief Forum and describe in a short message why you think you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.  If we feel you may be a good match, we will then reach out and ask you for your resume and a sample plan set of your work.  

Serious inquires only, no solicitations please, or inquiries from non-qualified candidates.  If you don’t meet the minimum qualifications above, please don’t reply to this ad or send your resume or work sample.

For more information, prospective candidates can check out our websites: greenedgedesign.com and integraldesignstudio.com. 

Hello,

I am an older architect (70) and am extremely interested in Green Design! I am proficient in Chief Architect having used it since 1994, (version 8). 

I was a contractor in Colorado, and the requirements there are not mush different than others in reference to the IRC. I have always gone by the guidance of the building department having jurisdiction. I just finished working with a firm in Washington state remotely. 

I am attaching a portfolio even though you siad wait till you contacted me.....trying to get ahead here!

Thanks, Scott Arthur Harrison, Architect

SCOTT'S PORTFOLIORevised.pdf

SCOTT HARRISON all for review - 3-17-20.pdf