Please help me figure out why I don't have a roof

bdillard

Hello,

I initially started using the software to figure out how much space I'd need and the size and possible shapes of the rooms I would need once I filled them with crap like tables, chairs, sofas, islands, vanities, beds etc.     It has been wonderful for that!   I didn't spend any time on colors or materials.   Then I decided I might as well look at what the house would look like from the outside (hideous and boxy) so that I could modify the house a bit.    I hadn't bothered to look before but I don't seem to have any roof or I'm using the wrong tool to look at it.   I watched a video on it and it seemed straightforward but I'm doing something wrong.  I see a ceiling but no roof.  

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-2.png

Thanks - maybe the videos I was watching didn't need this step as it was a different version.    All he did was draw a box that I thought was for the decking and boom he had a roof.   Seemed like the guy building a deck did it the same way (how to make screens video).  Chances are since I've only been playing with this software in my spare time for a week, I'm doing something obviously wrong.

Found it - the people in the videos must have auto rebuild roof turned on.   For anyone wondering - go to build roof and turn on auto - same with foundation if you want it automatically generated or as solver said go to build roof and manually select it.