Cabinet door pricing

TimSchrock

I was hoping that I could create a cabinet door and drawer library each with their individual pricing guidelines. In my catalog a certain group of doors and drawers are standard, another group has a specific $$ deduct and the final group has a specific $$ addition to the price of the cabinet.

So, I thought, if I'm adding door style XYZ to my cabinet, and that door object in the library has a cost of $55/door, then, the door would be listed for the proper pricing in the materials list.

But no. It seems that the pricing from the door object in the library doesn't get transferred to the cabinet component pricing.

If I place the door in the plan as a separate item (not attached to a cabinet), the pricing is present in the materials list as it should be, but it's a separate line, not "attached" to a cabinet sub line-item.

Am I missing something? Is it possible thru macros or a minor setting?

9 hours ago, TimSchrock said:

Am I missing something? Is it possible thru macros or a minor setting?

You’re not missing anything.  Door and drawer panels don’t carry their Component information over into the cabinet.  You might want to report it if it’s a functionality you want to make use of.  In the meantime, your best bet is probably to add a price code to the door/drawer front name and then either: A.) use a custom macro to automatically add the price change to the cabinet itself, and/or B.) use a cabinet schedule to break out the specific door/drawer front price changes.  You can always transfer the info. to a spreadsheet for further manipulation.

• Upvote 1