off angle walls by default?

rssiupolyu

Hi, 

I am drawing a layout with basically all walls are in off angle.

It remind me off angled wall every time when I adjust a wall and I have to ignore it one by one.

May I know if I can set the plan to always ignore off angle walls by default?

thanks

Siu

I am using X10 version

You can place up to 8 Additional Angles into your General Plan Defaults and they will not give the warning and also allow you to snap to those angles for walls and accessories when angle snaps are turned on, which also helps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

You can place up to 8 Additional Angles into your General Plan Defaults and they will not give the warning and also allow you to snap to those angles for walls and accessories when angle snaps are turned on, which also helps.

Great tip Chop!.... never considered this before.  I guess because one or two walls giving the reminder once in a while isn't enough of a pain to seek a workaround. alternative solution.  Will definitely remember to add that to my to-do list when I have off-angle walls in the future.

1 minute ago, DzinEye said:

Will definitely remember to add that to my to-do list when I have off-angle walls in the future.

It is helpful but definitely not a perfect solution.  Once you start to use it and find it helpful it is a real downer to find out it only works on certain angles. :(

Just now, DzinEye said:

Is there any rhyme or reason or logic to what angles work/don't work?

Not a logical reason...   That is for sure.....     Caution may cause damage to wireless computer components should be the warning that comes up.

Instead it gives you this even if the angle you have selected is NOT (within 1/2 degree) of an existing angle you have selected..   Grr....

image.thumb.png.c76bee154848410599766d89eba8f1d7.png

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Not a logical reason...   That is for sure..... 

Hmm... I can kind of see some logic in this, because there's probably some issue in getting a snap to discern a .5 degree or less difference.  At least that's something I can keep in mind before trying to add the angle. 
This reminds me I need to add a suggestion related to the 'Additional Angles' preferences dialogue.  Why is it that we have only a choice between having to select 15 degree or 7.5 degrees?  Seems to me we should be able to have a smaller angle selection set....like just 90 degree or 45 degree snaps.  Most of the time when using drag-tab-enter distance I would want to have just 45 degrees snaps...  as too often I have to type the distance AND correct the angle  in the Tab dialogue.  

So for example you need to do some complex manual framing for a 5/12 roof system because these Allowed angles work for more than just walls...   Try entering 22.619865°  which is NOT (within 1/2 degree) of the selected 15° unless you think like a programmer and not a Designer or Architect or Engineer that is trying to produce a set of useful construction documents that are accurate.

Chopsaw,

I have it in the back of my mind that in versions a long time ago, that if you wanted additional angles, you had to select 7.5 as well as enter the additional angle - you couldn't get the additional angle without checking 7.5.

So maybe it is a hangover from then because 22.619865deg IS within .5deg of 22.5deg (3 x 7.5).

Or maybe I am just remembering incorrectly.

Can anyone else remember this?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

thanks Chopsaw,
nick to know the solution, 

8 additional angles could be enough for my application.

thanks for your tips. 

Siu

2 hours ago, glennw said:

Can anyone else remember this?

Humm....   It seems they changed the DBX but not the core programming for X10.

In X9 if you enter an additional angle 7.5 is automatically selected.  So now it works the same but you have no clue what is going on. :angry: