Framing elevation and ceiling height issues

BossmanJason

Hello all, 

First time forum user here so I apologize for any ignorance. I am using X6 software. I have a few issues that I could use help on. 

1. For some reason when I am generating the framing plan, it shows random extra walls above the roofline that make no sense. It's not on the elevation nor did I want this to look like it. The only thing that I drew upstairs was the fireplace chimney. 

2. Also, how do I make proper ceiling heights? As an example, in the master I want 12' ceilings. How do I make it a true 12' ceiling and have it display as 12' instead of in inches? 

I've had this software for years but this is the first time I am finishing out a project and I could use the help. Been using all of the Youtube videos etc. to try to figure this out but I can't figure this out. Thank you very much for your help in this!  

image.thumb.png.552dd9653e258fa53b9aa9c8bd2e3498.pngimage.thumb.png.078b2935e886206f5437b112d46c8e1a.pngimage.thumb.png.b9373418bc9541829cece3f5b255e9d6.pngimage.thumb.png.6c9efba874e85c413c7ac27813f0ebe1.png

1 hour ago, solver said:

Please check your messages.

I've seen the framing problem before. Someone needs the plan file to debug. Close Chief, zip and attach.

Floor Plan.plan.zipHey Eric, 

Thank you for the fast response! I attached the plans. I searched and didn't see this problem listed on another thread so I apologize if this is a repeat. 

59 minutes ago, solver said:

Change the ceiling in the room to be 12', if that's what you really want.

How to make the display read 12' depends. The easy way is to just use a text box to show whatever you want.

Which line item does the 12' measurement need to go? The online videos I have watched say that during the structural dimensions, the master bed as an example is a 9' ceiling measured at 109 5/8" I believe. And that if I want to add 3' more to it then I plug it in as a math equation showing "109 5/8 + 36" but I don't think that is right. I would imagine I could just plug in 12' and it work but I can't figure it out. My apologies for sounding ignorant. 

On 2/19/2021 at 11:47 AM, solver said:

Your Rough Ceiling should be set to the actual height it will be built at.

Do you simply want to display a rounded value on the plan? 

I got those Rough Ceilings changed out. In the room labels I am adding a global insert to add the ceiling heights to the room labels. They all are reading in inches and not feet. Is there a way to change this so that it shows a 10 or 12' etc. ceiling?