Lighting

OrangerieGardens

I'm no expert on rendering...but, there are some simple things you can/should do. 

First - Click on "Edit Active View" icon (which should be on your top tool bar)...looks like this:  2021-02-20_12-08-14.thumb.png.ff877bfc8ef1045114ff52bc275b8245.png

In this DBX (dialogue box) you can "adjust lights"....turn on or off lights in the active view. You can also change the color of some or all of the lights...you'll need to experiment to get what you want.  
2021-02-20_12-02-41.thumb.png.faef6989d46324040dde70c8a8ce945a.png

You can also edit the sun angle so that enhances your camera view. Click the light bulb in the top top tool bar, then click the adjust sunlight icon. You can adjust the "tilt" and direction" by unchecking the "sun follows camera" box (if it's checked). 

2021-02-20_12-03-04.thumb.png.fb75675065a097a666112dc2cb250155.png

Try reducing the interior ambient light (this is done through the Technique Options DBX), too much tends to make the image look flat. Then put in some additional lighting. Here's a good article from the knowledge base that covers the basics https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00777/working-with-light-sources.html

• 2 years later...

These are the “tricks” that work for me.:D

First, chose the physically basic view, of course.

Then go to the camera view lighting tools > adjust lights. This way you can control all the lights you have in your project, the number of them, the maximum and the properties of each one.

As SNestor says, you can go to edit active view too. I’d mark the Bloom option and select a backdrop aswel (it helps).

If you want to get a day view, go to use generic sun and chose the intensity.

Go to the main menú 3d > rendering techniques > technique options and, if the view of the scene is too dark, modify manually the exposure.

In Daytime backdrop intensity I’d chose 1000 or 500 and in nightime backdrop, maybe 10 or 20.

I forgot!:wacko: If you see that the Bloom is too hard, you can reduce the intensity with the tool Adjust Material Definition.

I know they are too many options but I think they will work.:rolleyes:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG