Partial Wall From Ceiling

nihonrdnk

I apologize if this is a repeat post.  I posted earlier today and and logged back in to see if there was any response.  As I looked for my post, I discovered I could not find it.  It appears it did not post as I thought.  

With that said I will re-post the question and see if it works this time.

I am trying to draw inside HD  a unique wall that exists in my house currently.  I can draw what I want in Sketchup (which, I used for screen shot to explain problem), but I cannot get it into HD.  I have been able to turn it into a Symbol by importing from Sketchup, but that does not make it an actual wall with the same properties as one that I create inside of HD.

I am using Home Designer Suite Bld 16.3.0.59 OSX

May 2 2014

MAC OSX Yosemite V 10.10.1

If you reference the attached screen shot, I am trying to create what in my terms would be a partial wall that extends from the ceiling down 16".  In addition in certain areas (left side of screen shot and short section near right side of screen shot) I need a partial wall from the floor up to 25" underneath the partial hanging from the ceiling.  I have tried building a wall and using pass through windows with no sills to create the structure profile, but to create the cutouts (near the right side of screenshot) if I place to pass through window cutouts adjacent to each other, it places a small sliver of wall where the dashed line would be. 

In summary, I would like to create something in HD that looks similar to what I created in Sketchup, but I cannot figure out how to have a wall extend out of the ceiling but not reach the floor.

Any insight or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JD

post-3351-0-38993100-1417112996_thumb.jpg

I agree with Graeme, only HD PRO users can benefit from following the Chieftalk forum

the rest of the HD product line is too limited

you could try placing a soffit and the ceiling level and then sizing as needed

it will not have wall properties

Lew

suppress all casings and sills. HD Suite certainly has doorways ?

Larry:

doorways yes

suppress casings and sills - maybe not ???

if so, that may be a solution

all of the HD products - except PRO - have no manual tools

everything is done via the dbx's and many times they are limited

going to the Hometalk forum is probably the best

Lew