Help with interior wall dimensioning, omitting exterior

Jaredp757

Rather new to Chief, novice in 2020 and Xactimate. I have sorrowed many of the online help videos and can't seem to find my solution. (most all begin by building a structure, and then constraining inside dimensions, id rather constrain the inside, and the outside is what it is?) 

Looking to only create indoor spaces, and dimension all walls as such, similar to using the Leica X3/X4. How can I dimension, or better yet create a plan, using solely interior finished walls? Ive attempted changing my default, trying to rough in with exterior walls, no breakthrough yet on my end.

Using x12, image of current disaster. The dimensions is never consisting, sometime it takes an inside dimension for a constraint, sometime the outside. All that is relevant to me is inside dimensions as I do interior remodels. 

Thanks to any and all advice and help.

115442C6-D562-4ADA-8625-07C41B74DA10_1_201_a.jpeg

Watched both, similar to what I've been attempting. Even still, when using manual dimensions, it selects on "outside wall" and one "inside". All walls are straight interior walls, so one would assume it would by default provide interior dimensions..?

DB86C09C-CC1E-40C7-9202-F9A1A047A4FE_1_201_a.jpeg

Well, I can elect to use the Point to Point manual dimensioning tool, however that doesn't allow me to adjust, just measure. If there was a way to constrain interior wall sizes using the manual dimension tool, that would work, just a little more time intuitive.

I didn't watch Eric's videos but if you only want interior finish dimensions, I would set up a new dimension default that dimensions to the face of the finish.  I call my default 'As-built'.  I don't use auto dimensions, only manually placed dimensions.

I watched a few "as built" videos C.A. and YouTube channel, im doing simply that. For whatever reason I haven't been able to get the interior auto dimensions tool to become available, its not available in the drop down menu.

I believer you, this is far more troubling than it should be. All of the remodel videos, are along the lines of what im doing, but none show a start to finish, a lot just talk about tooling.

In this photo, I've been able to get a lot of the dimensions accurately. im shy of some needed for a continuous (clock wise) rotation, but will work around that. As you can see, that interior partition wall distance, I need to be 18'2, but any time I try to set it, it selects the entire outer wall, rather than just the inside span that I need. Ill continue to troubleshoot, but again, agree, far more difficult for something so easy.

AC0D28C7-F8CB-4B3A-8E47-8D2D7F2E934D_1_201_a.jpeg

• 2 years later...