Sign in to follow this  
John_Charles

Suddenly unable to import DWG, DXF

Hello

I'm running and up to date version of X12 and wanting to do a simple import of a CAD file that I have done quite a number of times before, but as soon as I try to import a DWG or DXF the program just hangs and becomes unresponsive.  I get a chime but no pop ups or anything.  I run two screens so have moved it around in case something is hidden but nothing pops up.  I've tried via the drop down and Shift F3 but same result every time.

I have restarted my computer, tried to import with a new file ie nothing drawn, successfully imported a pdf, image etc but no joy on CAD.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks....

Hello

I reached out to technical support and got a prompt answer which I'm placing below for anyone in future with the same issue.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Technical Support regarding the dwg/dxf import.

Based on your description it sounds like the dwg/dxf import dialog is out of view but open, thus the chime when you try to click on other items in the software. To resolve not being able to see this dialog, we want to reset the dialog boxes. Go to Edit -> Preferences, in the column on the left, the last item is Reset Options, click on it then click on Reset Dialog Sizes and Okay. This should resolve your described issue with the import dialog.

Have a great day,
Keri Andujar
Chief Architect Technical Support