quadrant bearing reversed

divreig

So just wasted 2 hrs on trying to get the quadrant bearing to match APN map. I but certain direction are backwards. On one side south when map shows north and west wen map shows east. Why? I can when i use the reverse direction in the line dialog it changes all of them so still incorrect some where. Also the lines don't connect guessing this is a problem with APN map.

Just about to give up and use some text boxes. 

2021-02-15.png

apn map.pdf

Existing.plan

It looks like a Canadian survey where they don't use South bearings and is makes for quit a difficult situation using chief's methods.  I almost always need to use individual cad lines that are not connected so that they can be reversed individually.

If you make sure all the numbers are entered precisely it works.  There were a few little errors or corrections you were making trying to make the connection but you missed the 5.72' radius in the corner....   Easy to overlook.

See corrected plan file...

Existing Chopped.plan

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Canadian survey where they don't use South bearings

So Canadians don't have a south?  No wonder its always cold up there.  :)

But, I do as Chops states as well, in situations like this, draw individual lines and reverse.  Less frustration IMO

Just now, mtldesigns said:
7 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Canadian survey where they don't use South bearings

So Canadians don't have a south?  No wonder its always cold up there.  :)

Not exactly sure but it may just be that the sun is lower in the sky and traditionally if bearings are shot pointing North it keeps the sun out of your eyes and the lens.  It just sucks for the surveyors assistant trying to decipher hand signals from bug swats while looking into the sun which may have reduced the accuracy more than the lens flare.

Working on a plan now with the same problems. Line directions are reversed and I had to rework half of them to get it right. Did the same thing as the guys above suggested. Drew the problem lines outside the property line, reversed them, moved them back. This is when I miss the days the deed showed the survey data starting at a single point and moving around the perimeter. Even after correcting the line sections the survey wouldn't close properly; it missed by about 16" at the last 2-points.

On 2/15/2021 at 6:42 PM, Chopsaw said:

It looks like a Canadian survey where they don't use South bearings and is makes for quit a difficult situation using chief's methods.  I almost always need to use individual cad lines that are not connected so that they can be reversed individually.

If you make sure all the numbers are entered precisely it works.  There were a few little errors or corrections you were making trying to make the connection but you missed the 5.72' radius in the corner....   Easy to overlook.

See corrected plan file...

Existing Chopped.plan

HI Thanks!!!.  Totally missed that did not know what the 5.72 was for. And the map is form Contra Costa county CA, USA. I find it so strange that its all north. 

Thanks again. 

Just now, divreig said:

Hopefully!, but some a lot of the time i feel its just faster to label things your self and let the lines be off a bit.

Aha....    No please don't.  That is what surveyors do and it causes all kinds of problems and frustrations.  Actually I think some of the survey software will do it automatically.   Surveying should be a science not an art !