Hole in ceiling platform

mtldesigns

I've been meaning to ask this before..  when showing a attic access by converting a poly into a "Hole In Ceiling Platform", how do you get rid of the ceiling part that was cutout, and now attached to the roof truss?  Its part of the ceiling below..  I thought painting it "insulation no gap" would work, and it did, but the rest of the ceiling in that room disappeared also.  

HOLE IN CEILING PLATFORM.jpg

33 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

deleting the ceiling surface from the roof plane above. ;)

That did work, but can't be used here. The other side of that wall is a sloped (shed ceiling), so deleting the ceiling surface deletes it all.  But I will use this on future endeavors that don't have this scenario.

HOLE IN CEILING PLATFORM 1.jpg

Yes.. for this job, but it's ok... There will not be any problems on future jobs (I will use the advice you two gave).  As for this project, this was a As-Build change.  The builder in MI was going to use PT wood foundations (yes that's a thing) and because wood got so expense, they did a deep mono slab for frost and moved the mechanicals in the attic.  I had this as an attic space too, so if I had planned accordingly, it could have been a room and then I could delete the ceiling in that room.   

1 minute ago, mtldesigns said:

I had this as an attic space too, so if I had planned accordingly, it could have been a room and then I could delete the ceiling in that room.   

Yes you can use the room ceiling or the roof plane ceiling surface to control it.

I think it is worse than misquotes tonight because if you have room definition there should be no need for manual roof planes.

So use the room defined roof plane in the shed area and turn off the roof plane ceiling surface in the attic.  No ?

4 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

how do you get rid of the ceiling part that was cutout, and now attached to the roof truss?

Just tell the client you designed a magnetic holder for the access cover to keep it safely out of the way when you're using the access