A couple amateur questions...

jirojan

Hi guys, 

Slowly migrating over from autocad and have been messing around with chief architect and so far I like it! But I have a few questions 

1) is there a way to permanently change the wall sizes (i.e. stock interior wall is 4.5" 

, but I need them to be 5.25" for all my projects) 

2) is there a way to set it so that the measurement that automatically pops up are measured between the inside of the walls instead of the default outside to inside 

3) is there a tutorial that shows how to make an architectural sheet set? (A1, a2, etc,,,)

Or any tutorials/tools that I should use in general 

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. Your questions are best asked in the Q & A section. Tips is meant as a place to "Share your favorite tried and true methods for solving custom problems using Chief Architect."

Short answer to all your questions is Yes you can and there is. 1- read about wall types and defaults (defaults are important overall); 2 dimension defaults, 3- layout page numbering search the help or (pg 999 in the reference manual)

image.thumb.png.6e817712fe9c9e81baf80796f58b0512.png

For all 3 go to main Chief website, user center, getting started resources. There are the quick start videos, other videos, knowledge base and might be a good idea to download the Reference Manual (which almost matches the built in Help -press F) and could give the Tutorial Guide a try too.

3 hours ago, jirojan said:

1) is there a way to permanently change the wall sizes (i.e. stock interior wall is 4.5" 

, but I need them to be 5.25" for all my projects) 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02944/defining-a-new-wall-type.html

2) is there a way to set it so that the measurement that automatically pops up are measured between the inside of the walls instead of the default outside to inside 

Auto Dimensions can be turned on or off and otherwise what you can do is contained in Default Settings - Dimensions - Temporary Dimensions

3) is there a tutorial that shows how to make an architectural sheet set? (A1, a2, etc,,,)

Or any tutorials/tools that I should use in general 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/48/creating-layouts-and-construction-documents.html

DJP

Before you delete the thread make sure you get those links from David's post. They will be critical for your early days with Chief.

Pay close attention to the Walls MAIN layer vs exterior layer. The "Wall Settings" within the wall DBX is likely ok as is but pay attention there too.

The way walls butt together vertically & horizontally is important for 3D display.

Welcome to the club.