New Layers Not Reflected In Layout?

Nicinus

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

My plan has already been sent to Layout using the same layerset (not a copy) and updates all changes. However, I've now created a new layer, which is switched off in the layer set, that I've moved some walls to. This walls are not visible in plan, but remains visible in Layout. If I close my plan and reopen the view by double clicking in Layout, everything is again correct in plan but the remain visible in Layout.

It's like the correct layer set is called once the view is opened in the plan view, but the Layout part of the program somehow can't see it. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

• Solution

2 things. First, double check using the layer properties dbx (the "0" icon if I recall correctly) in the layout that your layout is using the same layerset that you're adjusting.

If it IS the same layerset then simply closing that layer dbx should update it. It's an ongoing little glitch with layouts that's been a problem for a long time now. I often open and close that dbx to get layer display to update.

2 things. First, double check using the layer properties dbx (the "0" icon if I recall correctly) in the layout that your layout is using the same layerset that you're adjusting.

If it IS the same layerset then simply closing that layer dbx should update it. It's an ongoing little glitch with layouts that's been a problem for a long time now. I often open and close that dbx to get layer display to update.

It was the one with the check mark, and it seems like a glitch as I was clicking that layer on and off, and suddenly they disappeared. Good to know that it was a glitch and not a systemic issue, thanks!

Yesm I've tried both in plan and layout. The dbx settings are identical whatever I change, but it is only reflected in plan.

I should mention that the one I'm struggling with now is an elevation, but I'm doing other test changes to geometry at the same time I in this case change the line style for foundation walls, close the plan and get the question whether I want to update layout, click yes, and the geometry changes I've done are reflected but not the line style ones. In plan everything is correct.

I think I may need to call tech support on this one.