Chief Training

joey_martin

Following the recent thread about "style" and construction documents, my inbox has received a steady flow of requests. I am thinking of offering a 2-day training session on the way I model to get the most out of the materials list, and the way I then turn that model into the construction documents everyone seems to like. I am thinking of 2-days in Indianapolis in mid-late January. Before I make the arrangement, I need some RSVPs, so at this point I am gauging the real interest in what I have to offer. Please send an email to joeymdp@gmail.com with "Indy RSVP" in the subject line. Nothing concrete yet, but if there is real interest, I will make it happen.

I also have a few requests from South....Atlanta area...so I am also looking at putting together a training package for Atlanta, or even Birmingham, again, if the interest is really there. If you are in the South and interested, send the same email with "Atlanta RSVP" and I will get back to you with some possible dates.

Some are interested in online virtual training, and I'm okay with that as well, though you do lose some of the one on one, but any emails about that possibility can be sent with "Online RSVP".

Along with my background in Architecture, I have been teaching on and off for 20 years, so it comes pretty naturally to me. Seems like every time there has been a downturn in building, there has been a teaching opportunity for me. Not only do I currently design and teach high school, but I am also a certified University of Housing Instructor through the NAHB. I am sure I can effectively teach Chief Architect to others, but before I set out on this new adventure, I need to see if the interests truly exists.

Thanks everyone,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I will now be offering online training sessions for construction document production. I am going to keep the sessions to one on one, or maybe two on one. I am going to keep the sessions to a 2 hour max for now, if more in-depth training is needed, we can talk about that. It may take a couple of sessions to get a set of plans completed. These sessions will be on Sundays, either in the morning or early afternoon, depends on the participant. Please email me at joeymdp@gmail.com for information and costs. 

I will add that this will also cover modeling as it pertains to construction documents. My models are pretty accurate, so there will be some tips in modeling as well.

I plan to cover (and will share) my template plan and defaults as I use them in production. We will start with a basic small home sketch that I will send you so that I can train you in my method, and you can adjust from there. We will do;

- Initial Set Up

- Setting of Defaults

- Modeling

- Plan Views

- Framing Views

- Elevations

- Details & Sections

The plan will be for a small home, 1 floor w/ crawl space, attached garage. Probably similar to something like this, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13283257/Bungalow%20Proof%20Set%2012_9_13.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

I recently had a 2-hr "one on one" training session with Joey Martin.  I learned more in that 2 hours than I learned in a year.  

Joey is extremely knowledgable...he knows how Chief works...inside and out.  He has years of actual working experience using Chief and has become expert setting things  in Chief so that Con-docs are produced quickly and efficiently.  He makes a living using Chief...which of course is what we all would like to do.  

Joey knows how to produce great looking plans, quickly, using Chief Architect.  He is patient and explains concepts and techniques very clearly.  

Without any hesitation - I highly recommend Joey to anyone in need of Chief Architect training...from beginner to advanced.    

I spent last Saturday morning having an on-line training session with Joey. If I even adsorbed half of what I had explained it will put me ahead by weeks in my learning curve. I am actually looking forward to putting out some construction docs. wheras before the session I was dreading making the leap. His methods made total sense and were very clearly explained.

Thank you Joey.

I have an employee that needed help in converting from ACAD and Rhino to Chief.  Joey was able to show the power and speed of Chief by not fighting the program, but going with the flow and using the available tools. The light bulb went on for my young architect and he is adapting extremely well.  In addition, I have been using Chief since v.5 and Joey uncovered some "gems" for me as well.  Highly recommended!

• 4 weeks later...

As some of you know, I also teach High School...and it SPRING BREAK!! I am in the design office all this week and can set up training sessions for those that have contacted me, or have been thinking about them. These are for intermediate users that are looking at taking their modeling and production to the next level.Drop me an email.

joeymdp@gmail.com

• 3 months later...

JB1 in New Orleans with Chief x7. I would like to see your set of plans/construction doc's. Can you re-post. I got an error message on your drop box above. I may be looking for training to advance my use of Chief. Thanks, from JoeyB.