Stretch Planes and Zones

stager386

I have watched the video about stretch planes and zones so many times and I still find it nearly impossible to control the changes I try to make on furniture.  I am missing something in the concept of how to do it.  I am trying to customize a bed by stretching the headboard only.  I can't seem to make it work. And when I do play around with the stretch zones or planes, the image changes just by placing the zones, before I have even edited it, which adds to the confusion for me.   Alternatively, I would create my own bed and headboard, but cannot make the solid polylines look soft like a fabric covered headboard would look, with padding and rounded edges.   Are there any other instructional tools that I can go to?  

Thank you for your help!

CA help with stretch zones.plan

Kate,

Is the headboard currently wider than the rest of the bed?

If so, you can just

• Place stretch planes on each side of the bed so they are just intersecting the headboard
  • Do not check the Stretch Zone box
  • When you place and resize the symbol you will need to open an select "Create CAD Block"

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Kate,

Is the headboard currently wider than the rest of the bed?

If so, you can just

• Place stretch planes on each side of the bed so they are just intersecting the headboard
  • Do not check the Stretch Zone box
  • When you place and resize the symbol you will need to open an select "Create CAD Block"

It is not bigger, no.