DOWN LOADED DWG CAN NOT DEMENSION

Noblegencon

2 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

When you click on a line is it being highlighted as a polyline?

If not then you probably just have a raster image, I'm guessing.

Your conversion app might not really be producing vectors from the pdf source.

Lines I create yes they are. I purchased the conversion app from ms store. Do you know of any that do pick up on the vector?

test.plan

I wanted to check scale against existing. The plan I imported for example has a 15' dimension spelled out from septic tank to back of house foundation. Using my point to point I draw the line and it does not snap a measurement just a "1" where I start to drag and a "2" until I release my left mouse button where I end it. Point one and point 2. The dimension if really zoom in says 560' I need it to be 15'.  My line is above the existing 15' in the picture.

20210210_142556.jpg

20210210_142837.jpg

2 hours ago, Noblegencon said:

I wanted to check scale against existing. The plan I imported for example has a 15' dimension spelled out from septic tank to back of house foundation.

The plan you posted lists a missing PDF for Approved Septic (highlingted) image.thumb.png.7375c24463cc62c349d85ca8beeb6bc4.png

It does not show that a CAD file was imported- at least I don't find one. Did you import the converted DWG file? the PDF will not automagically change in the plan.This is with all layers on and I don't see any funny CAD layers which is common

image.thumb.png.6273b85650339f8e5ee9f8e2422240a8.png

I would use an end to end dimension to check rather than a line.

Post your DWG.

4 hours ago, Noblegencon said:

Do you know of any that do pick up on the vector? 

Print2CAD does but there are always issues converting raster to vector they get messy. I prefer PDF2 CAD but don't remember if that does converts raster (used to have it but got this PDF2CAD at some point -it's ok, not all that happy with all the spam they send.)

• Like 1