Getting 2D Block to match 3D Symbol

kwhitt

I've created a Wolf Double Oven to be installed flush inset into an oven cabinet.  The face of the oven doors is to be flush with the cabinet frame - obviously the handles project beyond the cabinet frame.  The 3D symbol works great, but the 2D block in plan view is wrong.  I've looked around this morning for a solution and found a thread by Joe Carrick which closely resembles the issue, but saw no solution.  Is there a workaround for this?  Thanks.

02.jpg

01.jpg

5 minutes ago, tommy1 said:

Try changing the origins of the oven.

4 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

You do that by opening the symbol using "Edit 3D Symbol" tool where you can then change aspects of the symbol.

DJP

Sorry, I don't follow.  I have already changed the origins of my 3D symbol and it works perfectly in 3D views.  The plan view is the problem where the oven handles don't project beyond the cabinet face frame.  I can find no such control to "Edit 3D Symbol".  Do you mean "Open Object" or "Open Symbol"?  Thanks again.

6 minutes ago, tommy1 said:

If all else fails, you might need to edit the cad block and reassign the new cad block to the symbol.

Tommy - already did that.  I created the 3D symbol myself and modified the 2D block to clean it up.  The symbol is already offset in Y to ensure it flushes out with the cabinet; however, the block does not follow and I see no way to offset it independently.  There's got to be a workaround for this.

03.jpg

04.jpg

36 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

All you need to do for appliances like these is change the Y Offset and Bounding Box Depth to match this dimension...

278686154_DimX.thumb.jpg.be02c431ca794357945e75cb539d75f4.jpg

Michael's correct. Thought that was the first thing I tried and failed, must've missed something:wub:

9 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Michael's correct. Thought that was the first thing I tried and failed, must've missed something:wub:

Happens to the best of us.  By the way...

2 hours ago, MarkMc said:

add pline box to back with no fill and invisible lines

...just a quick tip, but when you DO need to force an offset in your 2D Block, use an empty Text Box in lieu of actual CAD items in the CAD Block and you'll get a truly invisible item in that 2D Block. 

2 hours ago, MarkMc said:

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Happens to the best of us.  By the way...

...just a quick tip, but when you DO need to force an offset in your 2D Block, use an empty Text Box in lieu of actual CAD items in the CAD Block and you'll get a truly invisible item in that 2D Block. 

Thanks guys.  I know how to customize the 2d block by using "CAD Block Management" > Insert, but how do I change the bounding box?

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

All you need to do for appliances like these is change the Y Offset and Bounding Box Depth to match this dimension...

278686154_DimX.thumb.jpg.be02c431ca794357945e75cb539d75f4.jpg

Thanks Michael.  I figured it out.  One more question,  Is it possible to have the 2d block shown inside the oven cabinet (in plan view) to be a dashed line where it is actually inside the cabinet?  Kevin

05.jpg