Cursor Behavior

stager386

This question is going to make me feel stupid when I hear the answer.  Suddenly, my cursor changes from the arrow to this double arrow when I move it up to the line that identifies any opened file or view.  It has never done that before. It's usually just the plain arrow.  I have looked everywhere to try and change this and can't figure it out.  

Thank you!                                               233332097_ArrowIssueCA.thumb.png.e24750f9ffe88aa4bdd5baa6233b8beb.png

Cursors can sometimes get "stuck" (at least under all versions of MS Windows that I have used).  This is most likely due to either a program bug or system error.  In either case, if exiting and restarting the program does not fix it, a computer restart should.

• Upvote 1

I've had this happen in Windows just recently. Like Dermot said, it seems to just get "stuck" and will not return to the normal pointer. Even trying to cancel out of what I was doing did not change it. Hitting Esc or the spacebar would not restore it to normal. Last time it happened, I chased it all over the screen trying to find what "it" was wanting to do! Never did. If I moved the cursor up into the menu areas, it would change to the normal arrow "pick" cursor. As soon as I moved down into the drawing area it would revert to the "resize window" symbol. I think I closed CA down and restarted. Don't know what caused it; hope it doesn't happen again. Just to add additional info, I do use multiple windows on 2-monitors as my normal workflow; that may have something to do with it.