Align Foundation facade w/ 1st Floor

Adam_Gibson

Suddenly I'm finding that when I build a new foundation based on the 1st floor, its walls are 4" outside the 1st floor. In this case the foundation is a pony wall with the lower wall an 8" concrete stem wall and the upper wall 4" concrete stem wall plus 4" brick facade. Rather than aligning with the exterior of the wall above, it seems to be aligning the main layers. Did I hit a switch or something? I don't recall this issue previously.

I think the real question is where your carpenters are placing the sill plate.

This determines where your floor is built, which provides the ledge for your brick veneer, air space etc…

My brick veneer usually overhangs past the foundation by at least 5/8”.

But, of course this means you have to be careful that you dimension to the right layer if you want your exterior dimension of your foundation to agree with the floors above. 
(If you want to get picky)

• 1 month later...

Well, the placement of the sill plate is also a really ... important point in this case. However, I guess it is not the first thing that you might think about. The fact that the veneeroverhangs past the foundation by at least 5/8'' is really great, however it might not always workout. It also depends on the facade. When I actually wanted to renovate the facade on my own house, I was too busy, so I called for the services of https://cprfacadeupgrades.com.au. They have done the job really quick and they had no questions regarding this subject.