Roof Plan Roof Plane Display

JamesKCI

Hey all,

Sorry for the slight tongue-twister of a title. I'm here with another novice question.

When creating roof plans to send to layout, I'm running into an issue. After I choose to display all of my roof planes on the same level, they appear as though the program is deliberately displaying the lower roof planes on top of those that should be above. I've attached a couple snips showing an example of how one of my roof plans is drafted and another two with what that plan looks like in plan view. It's in the roof plan view but it looks the same regardless of the layer set I use.

Much Obliged

Rear Side Snip.jpg

Rear Roof Plan Snip.jpg

Rear Roof Plan Snip Unselected.jpg

25 minutes ago, JamesKCI said:

Hey all,

Sorry for the slight tongue-twister of a title. I'm here with another novice question.

When creating roof plans to send to layout, I'm running into an issue. After I choose to display all of my roof planes on the same level, they appear as though the program is deliberately displaying the lower roof planes on top of those that should be above. I've attached a couple snips showing an example of how one of my roof plans is drafted and another two with what that plan looks like in plan view. It's in the roof plan view but it looks the same regardless of the layer set I use.

Much Obliged

Or...set up your "roof plan view" to use a custom ref set that displays the lower roof lines. You can define the line weight, color and style in the ref set for the lower roof lines however you want to...and, if you set it to display in your saved plan view it'll always show (unless you toggle it off using the F9 key)

2021-02-09_10-20-53.thumb.png.ac74955869288a388d0eef4c7fa64db5.png

• Upvote 2

On 2/9/2021 at 9:14 AM, CJSpud said:

Maybe you could try selecting the larger roof plane and move it to the front?  Just a guess.  You might look at fills and transparency as well.

Hmm. I somehow COMPLETELY missed that command when I was sorting through them. This did the trick! Thank you so much.

20 minutes ago, JamesKCI said:

Hmm. I somehow COMPLETELY missed that command when I was sorting through them. This did the trick! Thank you so much.

The "draw order" tool is a quick fix, which we all need from time to time and it'll give you the result you want for now - however, if you invest a little time to adjust the "roof plan" saved plan view and create a custom reference layer set ...you will save yourself a lot of time and frustration. It will work every time you draw a plan...without even thinking about it. :)

• Upvote 1