Segmented arrow lines

BruceKC

Is there a way in X12 to have segmented arrow lines rather than one straight line all the time?  I know I can break the line and then make it do what I want, but I really don't want to do that to every single note on the plans when I'm pointing to something.  I've included what I want to do.

SEGMENTED ARROW.jpg

There are lots of different ways to do what you want.

- You can use the "Text Line with Arrow" tool to draw a segmented line the same way you can draw normal segmented lines.  Just click near the endpoint of the arrow line and draw another segment that should automatically connect to the previous segment.  Or you can right-click to draw multiple segments at one time.

- You can select an arrow line and use the "Break" tool to add a break point the same way you can with normal lines.

- You can select an arrow line and use the diamond shaped edit handle that appears off the end of the arrow to draw another connected line segment the same way you can with normal lines.  

- You can use the Leader Line tool to create a segmented arrow line along with the text object.  The maximum number of segments that are created can be controlled in your preferences as well as whether or not the text object created is rich text or plain text.  Please note that you can always create a leader line with less then the maximum number of segments by just clicking near the end point of the previous segment.

More information about text and leader lines can also be found in this video:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/78/text-and-arrow-tools.html

5 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Sometimes I like to do a whole plan in curves instead of segments.

Draw the arrow horizontal, release mouse, then right away grab the arrowhead end and CRTL-ALT to curve it where needed.

2021-02-09 10_47_29-Chief Architect Premier X12.png

Nice, What if we could do that with Call Out Cross Section Lines?

57 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Sometimes I like to do a whole plan in curves instead of segments.

Draw the arrow horizontal, release mouse, then right away grab the arrowhead end and CRTL-ALT to curve it where needed.

2021-02-09 10_47_29-Chief Architect Premier X12.png

That's awesome! Oh, the power of CA!

I don't remember someone asking for a curved arrow added to a call out either but that's not the point of the posts above. Is it possible that you simply don't remember requests for segmented call out lines? Or custom arrows for same? Here's a couple posts from the suggestion forums. Not expecting anything to change in this regard and Chief (Dermot) obviously has no interest in the idea but it, again, is something I would use in every plan. Adding text lines to call outs should not be needed IMO, The options mentioned below should be (have been years ago) a part of any architectural program.

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

You can do that although the answer of how to do it is sort of counter intuitive.  Also, the part that connects the arrow to the leader line is the part I am referring to,  

Unfortunately you are wrong sir.

Scott Hall did a video about this a while ago. 

He exhausted all possibilities, and along with colourful language, he demonstrated that the horizontal aspect fails when you move the object you’re pointing to. 

You're demonstration only works if you are only moving the text box. 
(great video by the way, but please kill the music)

The demo only fails if you move the object vertically.  If the object is moved horizontally, the relationship is maintained.  The segment linked to the text box should be able to be linked horizontally or vertically.  I think that should be a settable default option.

As for the music we now are 50/50 on that topic.