Issue with 3D view being in Black and White

KatieFuller

Help! When generating a 3D view, my view is in black and white unless zooming in very close. I tried to reset back to all of the default settings as well as resetting to defaults for my preferences. Nothing seems to help. My previous projects still appear as they should, but any new projects I try to create have the same black and white issue. I've attached a screenshot of the issue. Does any one know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-02-08 132536.jpg

5 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

You likely hit F8 without realizing.  I think that is the default hotkey for this Color toggle tool image.png.be15b9d88abdba3353f7e81e45056087.png typically on the right toolbar not in your screen shot.  If you can't find the tool just try F8 again.

Thank you for the suggestion. I've tried with it both on and off and no luck on fixing the issue. 

9 minutes ago, KatieFuller said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I've tried with it both on and off and no luck on fixing the issue.

Also your rendering technique is not shown when you use the child toolbar for other tools.  Please let us know that as well as the specifications of your video card may come into play in a situation like this.

You can zip the plan file or upload to your cloud account and post the link.  Also save the camera you are using first.

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

If you wan to know for sure save the file with the materials as a   "Backup Entire Plan...."

Also save your camera so we have all the settings you are using,  Then repost.

I figured it out. I had to go to Edit>Preferences>Render>Check Texture Compression. Thank you all for trying to help.

4 hours ago, KatieFuller said:

I figured it out. I had to go to Edit>Preferences>Render>Check Texture Compression. Thank you all for trying to help.

Preferences are generally not the first place to look when you are having a plan specific problem but maybe this is the first time you have tried to render a view with such a high surface count.

So if "Texture Compression" helped then you are reaching the limit of your video card's capability.  The other setting you might look at on the same panel is "Hardware Edge Smoothing"

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...