Corbels

pdiaz4

8 minutes ago, pdiaz4 said:

Does anyone know how to draw this corbel connected to the boxed eave? I’m using chief architect premier x12

EE047FDE-7C6E-4400-8B02-E3EFB2DBA075.jpeg

Draw a polyline solid in elevation view. Draw it on the wall, then move it to the left the correct amount. Set it's thickness as desired. Remember, it will be on the wall, so if you set it to be 4" thick, you'll need to move it 4" back to be flush with the wall cladding. Once it's flush, the material will blend perfectly. Don't forget to set it's layer to whatever works for you. For example, I have an Exterior Trim layer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pdiaz4 said:

Thank you,

Now it’s doing this. If I move it to the right, it over laps lines and doesn’t look blended 

F3FDF289-0E14-4684-93A4-DD979D398169.jpeg

In Plan View, select the polyline solid, move it away from the wall, then back towards the wall. it should 'bump' up against the siding and stop. 

OR use the 'point-to-point' move tool to accurately place the solid to the corner of the wall. Then, select the wall, open the dialog box, then close it. The material will then blend.

YOU MUST BE ACCURATE!!

40 minutes ago, robdyck said:

In Plan View, select the polyline solid, move it away from the wall, then back towards the wall. it should 'bump' up against the siding and stop. 

OR use the 'point-to-point' move tool to accurately place the solid to the corner of the wall. Then, select the wall, open the dialog box, then close it. The material will then blend.

YOU MUST BE ACCURATE!!

I’m sorry I’m just bombing this. I did the point to point and brought it out so it could bump against the siding. 

743147D7-F4B5-447B-A8FF-E7D2F87D0410.jpeg

7AFF98E9-22ED-4A5F-B14A-A16CBF5F0DDE.jpeg

9 hours ago, solver said:

I've never been able to get rid of the vertical line between the wall and solid in anything other than standard view.

I have no problem getting rid of the lines as long is everything is actually lined up.  It's probably worth noting though that you do have to hit F12 or click Rebuild 3D in some situations to get a pre-existing camera to remove that line.

Lines.thumb.png.eecde4d60f8600c16bbd8e084b9ef1f2.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I have no problem getting rid of the lines as long is everything is actually lined up.  It's probably worth noting though that you do have to hit F12 or click Rebuild 3D in some situations to get a pre-existing camera to remove that line.

Lines.thumb.png.eecde4d60f8600c16bbd8e084b9ef1f2.png

Thank you! Did you use poly line and make it a solid as well?

8 minutes ago, glennw said:

In that case you can use a wall and shape it in an elevation view in the same way as shaping the polysolid.

How do I shape it in the elevation view? I try creating breaks and it won't allow me to break and manipulate it

2 hours ago, pdiaz4 said:

How do I shape it in the elevation view? I try creating breaks and it won't allow me to break and manipulate it

You don't shape the side of the wall, you shape the bottom of the wall.

Create a new short wall that extends out to the fascia, drag the bottom of the wall up and start shaping it.

The bottom of the wall becomes the underside of your curved corbel.

The big drawback is you can't shape it into a proper curve.

What I did was draw a circle to the shape, placed break points in the wall and then snap the break points to the circle.

On 2/8/2021 at 2:21 PM, pdiaz4 said:

I’m sorry I’m just bombing this. I did the point to point and brought it out so it could bump against the siding. 

743147D7-F4B5-447B-A8FF-E7D2F87D0410.jpeg

7AFF98E9-22ED-4A5F-B14A-A16CBF5F0DDE.jpeg

The secret to the blend...Then, select the wall, open the dialog box, then close it. The material will then blend.

6 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Hitting F12 is a lot faster.

For Sure! But it doesn't work for everything that needs to be rebuilt. I'm just stretching an attic wall and F12 won't get the frieze to build on the new portion. Open & close on the roof plane does! So I've certainly got a habit of just doing a double-click then press Enter right away.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:10 PM, robdyck said:

@pdiaz4

Follow the steps in the video. Couldn't be easier.

So I did it exactly how the video was, I tried f12, I tried rebuild walls and it doesn't work. I drew another plan to see if it was me not doing it correctly and it worked, I'm assuming it's because of that second wall kinda creeping out but the walls are the same sizes.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 9.14.57 AM.png

26 minutes ago, pdiaz4 said:

So I did it exactly how the video was, I tried f12, I tried rebuild walls and it doesn't work. I drew another plan to see if it was me not doing it correctly and it worked, I'm assuming it's because of that second wall kinda creeping out but the walls are the same sizes.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 9.14.57 AM.png

Looks to me like your objects aren't properly aligned.  Might help to make sure your various snaps are turned on, especially Bumping/Pushing...

Snaps.thumb.png.4c75d19e7d6b162be6bb7782329276ef.png