VERTICAL T+G CEDAR CLADDING

sunrisehomestead

Hey Guys-

Just got ChiefX12. New to it...I've been browsing here and it looks like an awesome resource.

I'd like some advice/tips on creating a vertical t+g cladding that I can use on interior walls and as exterior siding. I want it to have a rough sawn clear VG cedar color/effect like alot of sea ranch homes, etc. 

Attaching some references. I couldn't find any vertical cladding options in the library...I could be wrong though. 

Whats the best way to get at this type of finish so I can apply it to walls interior and exterior?

Thanks yall!

Nick

t+g.jpg

t+g2.jpeg

t+g3.jpeg

@sunrisehomestead - why not use a flooring material? The attached sketch shows a flooring out of the Carlisle Flooring Catalog...there's a lot to choose from. Probably not perfect...but, get's you close.  

You could adjust the X scale (length) by using the "rainbow" tool (adjust material definition tool) to "stretch the length" of the flooring texture...without changing the width. 

2021-02-06_17-02-56.thumb.png.7b142cd438f9474b2b66ece041640de3.png

@Chopsaw @SNestor thanks guys, I will look into these methods. The flooring idea is good but Ideally it wouldn't have all the butt joint/seams all over. When I do vertical siding I try to keep them one piece lengths as it looks way cleaner. 

I was wondering if theres a way to take a photo of the material and upload it to chief to make my own material out of it. I'll have to do some more research on that but if anyone knows off the top of their head-let me know!

Appreciate your help

Nick

Just now, sunrisehomestead said:

I was wondering if theres a way to take a photo of the material and upload it to chief to make my own material out of it. I'll have to do some more research on that but if anyone knows off the top of their head-let me know!

Yes absolutely.  Although you may want to use a photo editor first to make it seamless before you import.