Help setting up Leica Disto X3

Adam_Gibson

I've been using an older model, but as they updated the Transfer software to version 6, the Bluetooth function stopped working. So I bought an X3 and when I shoot a measurement, it sends the wrong dimension to Chief that makes no sense. Also, the Transfer software shows many imperial options, like eighths inches, etc, but the screen always defaults to /32s.

Is anyone willing to share how they set theirs up?

9 minutes ago, Adam_Gibson said:

it sends dimensions to Chief like this: 5'9" 17/32.

Using a 7500 but had an X3 and think that setting is the same. It is set first in the laser itself.

Function, select the gears, , unit, first page first column shows what you are getting, second column is inches and franctions,..up arrow to get to second page

2nd page first column is metric, second column is decimal ft, in, yd.

I use first page second column 0 1/8 unless it's really fussy then 1/16th, Chief will convert it to the format set in current dim default if you are sending it by bluetooth.

1 hour ago, Adam_Gibson said:

That's exactly what the user manual says, but for the life of me, I can't get to that screen, if it exists!

Even with left or righr arrow? Been a while since I had the X3 but don't recall that problem. I do remener that I had to upgrade firmware when I first got it, maybe that?

I returned the X3 and purchased an E7500i. I still get an error message that the measurement info is incorrect. I think it's adding an extra " or something. Can you tell me what your information string is set to in the Disto Transfer software? Mine is Distance##Distance_Unit##Return but evidently, Chief doesn't like that.

On another note, what do you like better about the 7500?

Thanks,

Adam

Settings -ft in.de

Chief translates to current default dimension setting, laser set to 0 1/8 (most of the time)

image.thumb.png.3bc5cc95f1f6c593f871bf3e8543acb2.png

19 hours ago, Adam_Gibson said:

what do you like better about the 7500

Well basically it's a more complete tool (and Al Frey suggested it :) Switched as soon as I started to get more whole house as builts ...

• Camera and Long Range when outside
  • Trapezium, without tripod, for slopes inside
  • Sloped Objects (on tripod) is easier to position for roof pitches outside
  • Height Profile can be handy for down and dirty terrain, don't use as much can be a bit tricky but handy if really need something.

Note- I still haven't gotten either their tripod or attachment but with a little care the tripod functions work on a normal tripod. Maybe when Covid is done and doing more field measures will get one.

• 1 month later...