Porches On X6

nick66

invisible walls are also available

but CA has decided to add confusion and some of the dbx's have room divider only

others have invisible walls only and others have both :(

what a PITA

Lew

Lew,

What a lot of rubbish.

A Room Divider wall is just another wall type with the invisible property checked.

Nick,

Invisible walls are still available - shouldn't be a problem.

In all previous versions (prior to X6), all invisible walls are actually a wall type of Interior 4 made invisible by default. So, if you want an invisible wall like the previous versions, place an interior 4 wall and make it invisible. In X6, they have the room divider instead of an "invisible wall" type already made. If you use the room divider, it has no thickness, but if you change the structure one side of the room that has a room divider, then that room divider gets the same definition on the old invisible wall which is actually an interior 4 wall invisible. BTW, for doing porches, I prefer to use a railing wall (wall type).

Glenn:

It appears my study of the new "room divider" feature back in Dec during Beta

was hasty

possibly because I was whipping thru all the new features and creating the 'GOOD-BAD-UGLY" thread

and was moving too fast :(

I could swear that I found some of the dbx's for walls that had both "room divider" and "invisible" ???

maybe CA removed "invisible" as a wall type from some of the DBX's before X6 went live ???

anyways, the room divider wall type replaced the invisible wall type in X6

and "invisible" became a property that can be assigned to any wall type - including room dividers

this is done on the wall spec. dbx on the general tab

thus, all of the dbx's that list wall types only list room divider - invisible is a property of walls - not a type (anymore)

the layer display options dbx lists "walls, invisible" but not "room divider"

which also caused "confusion" in my hasty study back in Dec

closer study of the LDO layers for walls shows that most of the layers are divided by properties of a wall

such as "invisible" or "attic" or "no locate"

two of the wall layers are for wall types: "walls normal" and "walls foundation"

seeing "invisible" there and not "room divider" didn't make sense in Dec - now it does

Room Dividers  are invisible by default

Room Dividers are placed on the “Walls, Invisible” layer by default

A wall placed on a non-default layer and then specified as Invisible,

however, will not move to the “Walls, Invisible” layer

this I still find confusing ???

if the invisible property is set then it should be on the "walls, Invisible" layer

Lew

if you change the structure one side of the room that has a room divider, then that room divider gets the same definition on the old invisible wall which is actually an interior 4 wall invisible

Tommy:

thanks for the clarification - I wasn't aware of this "transformation"

not sure I like it ???

Lew

The Room divider wall turns into a regular thickness invisible wall if it needs to frame anything above or below. It's automatic. if you are just using it to  define a room then it stays thin.

I thought I already said this (in other words).

Tommy, if your just looking for the Credit- go ahead and take it, who cares.

No I'm not. That's ridiculous. I was just saying that I have already mentioned that in other words trying to explain about the old invisible wall and the new room divider.

No I'm not. That's ridiculous. I was just saying that I have already mentioned that in other words trying to explain about the old invisible wall and the new room divider.

I find that some things can never be repeated too often.  Sometimes what is written in the first post does not register until it is stated again in a second post.   In fact what you said Tommy did not register with me,  even after I reread it.  Perry's post registered with me me.

So I say it again,  some things need to be repeated a second time using different verbiage until it registers.  

GO COWBOYS!!!

anyways, the room divider wall type replaced the invisible wall type in X6

and "invisible" became a property that can be assigned to any wall type - including room dividers

this is done on the wall spec. dbx on the general tab

Lew

Lew,

"Invisible" has been a wall property as far back as I can remember.

• 3 weeks later...