MONOLITHIC SLAB TUTORIAL?

blueriver

Does anyone have a monolithic slab tutorial?  I know exactly what i want to build it is just not coming out right on the computer.  I am doing something wrong and i need to get it fixed so i can get the plan to my foundation guy!  If anyone has made a video on how to do a monolithic slab with interior beams please let me know! I feel like it should be simple but i'm clearly missing something! 

I thought i had it figured out this last time and then i realized two things  - my cross beams are showing up inside in 3d view - they are too tall but i cannot find a setting for this, and its showing too tall outside as well - where i know my windows are 18" they are measuring 14 :blink:

That is a little odd that slab footings are at that level but it seems that it is also throwing off your window elevations possibly you are measuring from the footing or stem wall and not the interior floor level.  I would be glad to take a look at your plan file for you.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/6122/foundation-and-bearing-walls.html

I can duplicate this.

Looks to me like you have dropped the floor -4" after you placed the slab footings.

Check the floor heights in the foundation level because that will be supplying the floor for the room above.

That would also explain the window height change.

You are dimensioning from bottom of window to top of stem wall.

Drop the floor -4" and the windows move down to follow the floor - hence the distance from bottom of window to top of stem wall reduces by 4".

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 2.14.58 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 2.22.07 pm.jpg

• Upvote 1