Turret Entry Techniques?

HumbleChief

9 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

By the way, Glenn hinted at it earlier, but it would really help if you were to adjust your Segment Angle at Curved Wall in your Build Roof dialog.  Turn it all the way down.

Thanks Michael and yes a low setting in the segment box draws a pretty nice circle and frames OK, only with a second floor from my experience so far. The challenge then gets interesting as we want to frame the upper roof with 45 degree segments to create an octagon roof over the circular walls and am attempting to retain planes and framing for those upper 45 degree segments, but the 45 degree won't work on the lower roofs which need that 6 degree segment and haven't found an auto frame combo that will work. Will most likely manually frame everything as even the circular walls create really wonky so-called 45 degree segments. Needs a rest for now....

Oddly enough there's an "Italian Manor" sample plan with a turret on the Home Designer web site that loads OK in X12. And again oddly enough it shows the same sort of not quite right framing and gaps as all my current attempts. Maybe there's a clue in that plan that will help. There's also a picture of a Chief model showing that turret from the pic above but can't find that sample plan.

@HumbleChief - 

Larry - I took my original drawing in which I had (2) floors...but the turret space was one big space with an "open below" room on the second level. Built the roof...and it cuts around the turret just fine...like you would expect. 

Then I went in and changed the "open below" room to "living"...and I got a floor in the room on the 2nd floor and the roof remained correct.

So...you might experiment with this technique and see if you get the same result. 

2021-02-06_17-10-09.thumb.png.1106928abb9f94572968f2bdc97c5a5c.png