Eyedropper to current cad layer

AvoyeDesign

I'm with you Rod.  I've thought for quite some time that the various Layer controls need to be better consolidated and synced up.  For example, both the Current CAD Layer and Layer Painter tools give you a list of layers but no way to create or edit those layers.  I suggest that we get some additional buttons or right click options in Active Layer Display Options to...

• Paint Layer where you select the layer and then Paint it to various objects
  • Set as Current CAD Layer

In addition, I would love to be able to move the selected object(s) to a layer using Object Layer Properties or Active Layer Display Options so I'd also like to see a tool to...

• Move Object(s) to Layer
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

You mean like this?

image.thumb.png.ada952921bd71ad4e5d7929d73f5e110.png

Nope, not like that.  I select that and have to paint objects I've already drawn.

Like I said in my post, I want to use the eyedropper, and when I select an object with it, chief assigns that layer's object as the default cad layer.

I meant to post this in suggestions. Not sure if the mods can move it or if I should delete and repost it.

14 minutes ago, AvoyeDesign said:

Like I said in my post, I want to use the eyedropper, and when I select an object with it, chief assigns that layer's object as the default cad layer.

If the tools functioned like I mention above, there wouldn’t even be a need for the extra Eyedropper tools and we could more affectively control which object(s) we were trying to reference.  It would just require a slight workflow change.  Instead of clicking on Eyedropper (and hoping you picked the right Eyedropper tool) and then clicking on the desired object, you would instead select the object and then click the tool to either Paint Layer or Set As Current CAD Layer.  In addition to other benefits, it would allow us to tab to buried objects (which we can’t do with the Eyedropper) and it would allow us to leave any given tool activated.  You could leave the line tool activated, select a CAD Block, click the Set As Current CAD Layer tool and immediately start drawing your lines.  Or maybe you realize that your CAD Block was on the wrong layer?  Simply select a different layer in ALDO/OLP, click the Move Object(s) to Layer tool and then immediately click the Set As Current CAD Layer tool.  

1 hour ago, AvoyeDesign said:

Nope, not like that.  I select that and have to paint objects I've already drawn.

Then you might want to elaborate on that in your suggestion. I read it and had no idea what you were asking for.