double stud wall framing

RobWhite

Is there a method for automatically generating a wall framing with double 90x45 studs @ 450 centers. I know I can produce  90x90 studs at 450 and then manually changed the studs to 45 and then duplicate the studs, but is the an auto system. My project current project only involves 1 wall so manual alternation is not a big issue, but if I were to do this for a whole house the manual adjustment would be quite involved. 

For double walls, I make a copy of a single wall that is close in type and rename it ___ - DBL WALL.  Then I add all the specific wall info and when I choose it, it displays as 2 walls (like a party wall between to units of a townhome)  I assume CA is treating this as one fat wall, but it generates to the final plan visually correct.

by default 2021-02-01 at 00.25.21.png

Chopsaw,

Yes, I deleted my first post that described and showed exactly that, but then on re-reading the OP message, I figured what he wanted.

There will be some cleanup with the heights.

May be better to stick with the 90x90 and draw a line down the middle and copy that. 

Here's another very quick way...

1. Place a Framing Reference Marker
  2. Frame Wall
  3. Open Wall Detail, use a marquee or fence to group select studs and Cut (Control+X) them all to clipboard
  4. Move Framing Reference Marker over 1-1/2" (or the thickness of your stud)
  5. Frame Wall again
  6. Open Wall Detail and Paste Hold Position (Control+Alt+V)