Porch roof issues

Jambruins

I would separate that porch into more than one porch with a room divider or invisible wall. The porch with the gable, I would set at 1 foot higher than the main roof, give it the gable, and unselect ceiling over this room. For the porch with the lower pitch, I would select its option as having no roof at all. I would then manually draw those roof planes. In 3D view I’d then clean anything up by joining roof planes.

23 minutes ago, Jambruins said:

Here is the plan uploaded again.

Untitled 1.zip

Thanks for posting that.  As Eric said, you only need to include the plan file in most cases.  I suggested the backup route to make sure the file was unlinked from the open file lock that CA puts on a file while open in the CA editor.  

Now for a couple of questions. 

1)  What is the specific problem that you are experiencing?

2) Is there a flat ceiling over the porch or is it cathedral?

3) Is the architectural beam and truss structure part of the problem?

8 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I'm not a fan of the way those porch roofs resolve into the timberframed entry roof, and would do whatever possible to avoid gabled ends adjacent.

Just another place for vermin to congregate and cause havoc for the homeowner.  If possible, this type of design should be for an open roof, or with the timbers in Tudor style sort of bas-relief.  302765557_TudorStyle.jpg.e3c6aae65902f5349a570c9bb976ec2f.jpg