Keystone jack symbols

JamesR

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone has come across any symbols for multiple port keystone jacks? I typically use anything from a 3-port single gang up to a 12-port double gang. Usually has CAT5e or CAT6a jacks, but also use them for multimedia spots that include RCA, HDMI, etc. 

The base Chief library items are one or two port and I haven't spotted a bonus library that tackles this. 

Amazon.com: 2 HDMI Keystone Wallplate 4 Port,PHIZLI Cat 6 ...

Thanks,

--Jamie

Yea, I thought about that. There is a mega collection of wall plates on 3D Warehouse (link), but not sure how to pick just one model out for one symbol. I'm actually pretty proficient in Solidworks and AutoCAD (probably part of my problem using Chief sometime I think), but its taking the solid model and bring it into Chief and getting the CAD block associated with it, etc that has me hesitant. 

If there isn't anything already done out there, I'll be doing what you suggest I'm sure.

Thanks,

--Jamie

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Yea, I thought about that. There is a mega collection of wall plates on 3D Warehouse (link), but not sure how to pick just one model out for one symbol. I'm actually pretty proficient in Solidworks and AutoCAD (probably part of my problem using Chief sometime I think), but its taking the solid model and bring it into Chief and getting the CAD block associated with it, etc that has me hesitant. 

If there isn't anything already done out there, I'll be doing what you suggest I'm sure.

Thanks,

--Jamie

Might be a little time consuming to initially set up but it’s probably a bit easier than you might think.  I would recommend the following process:

-  Start a new  “Keystone Building Blocks” plan.  This will make it east to access for future symbol creation.

-  Either import or model a few wall plates (single gang, double gang; and single port, double port, triple port, etc.).  You can easily import via Import>3D Symbol.

-  Model or import your various keystones and make sure the height of each of those keystones is set to line up with the face of your wall plate.
-  Draw any desired CAD Blocks to represent your symbols. 
-  Whenever you need a new configuration, simply copy and paste keystones into the desired face plate, group select, Convert to Symbol, use Advanced options to name, set to Wall Mounted, and to assign the desired 2D Block.  Add to library and now you you have that configuration for present and future use.  Basically, you're just assembling it like you buy it.  I commonly add these symbols off to the side in my Building Blocks Plan too.  Makes it easy to use as a Warehouse Plan if so desired.  

I usually only do this stuff for myself or when specifically hired to do so, but I had a little extra time today and liked the idea, so I went ahead and put together a full Building Block plan for this purpose...

78268296_KJBB1.thumb.jpg.1332f29a737d903436525fe8d7fe7021.jpg315108545_KJBB2.thumb.jpg.cf8d9f49aa5f0483fe722002140e0e96.jpg1489650756_KJBB3.thumb.jpg.ba18608b7f413f444d3f87df1861cdd7.jpg2129270687_KJBB4.thumb.jpg.5db550a7942fd4596c6da53e17cd9777.jpg

Here's an example symbol created in just a minute or 2 using the plan...

4 Port Example.calibz

The custom symbol is on me, but if anyone wants the full plan, shoot me over an email to alaskansons@gmail.com and I'll send it to you for your own personal use for $15.00.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2