Help on building interior "half wall"

BeeoHat

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

I'm using CA Premier X6. I'm trying to draw an interior wall as shown in the attached image. The two cylinders are just decorative posts. I can't find any way to model the two wall sections that do not reach to the ceiling. It seems all walls default to the room's ceiling height. Is there any way around this??

post-567-0-42382400-1394293554_thumb.jpg

Draw a regular wall,  put in a doorway,   put in two pass thru windows and push up against door opening.  Confirm that the minimum separation distance is zero.  Done vids on this.

The pic was done with doorways and pass thrus in a full height normal wall.  

post-50-0-97158600-1394295482_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for prompt reply. I tried the doorway and pass thru window, as Scott suggested, but I can't get the window to push up against the doorway. I've removed all framing, sills, lintels, etc.

How to ensure the minimum separation distance is zero?

• Solution

How to ensure the minimum separation distance is zero?

go to  EDIT<DEFAULT SETTINGS<(double click on window) WINDOW<GENERAL<MINIMUM SEPARATION,   change that from 2" to zero.  This should be defaulted to ZERO   O.O.B.,  but it ain't,  keep that way for all of your plans.

• 2 weeks later...

One other question about half walls.  I would like to wrap one in tile.

I can define a new wall and add layers for tile.  So far, so good.

But what about that pesky top rail?  How can I either make it disappear, or change it to the same material?