Need A Hole In The Wall ?

ACADuser

What is the best way to punch a hole in the wall for the hatched area.

It is an irregular shape & I want to maintain the room/floor area.

I suppose you don't want to interrupt the exterior wall so you can maintain a room.

The wall is 8" CMU, the window is actually 8' back on an interior wall.

post-2435-0-70221000-1416936619_thumb.png

OK got the molding to return to the wall under the opening.

It required that I use 3D molding and draw it in plan view 2nd floor out in the front yard.

Draw a short leg then the long leg followed by another short leg to return back to the wall.

The hard part is maneuvering it into place. I switched to front elevation to get correct height.

Then used right side elevation to move it to the wall.

I guess from the lack of replies that the Stool or Apron is not accessible to the user.

post-2435-0-85966700-1417105051_thumb.png

OK got the molding to return to the wall under the opening.

It required that I use 3D molding and draw it in plan view 2nd floor out in the front yard.

Draw a short leg then the long leg followed by another short leg to return back to the wall.

The hard part is maneuvering it into place. I switched to front elevation to get correct height.

Then used right side elevation to move it to the wall.

I guess from the lack of replies that the Stool or Apron is not accessible to the user.

You may be able to use the align-center command to center the molding on the opening - either in plan or elevation.

The molding does not offer

tool

Tested it - you're right. That's an annoying omission on Chief's part. What did work for me was this: shoot an elevation, move it in to the middle of the wall, then I was able to select the molding and do a point-to-point move from the middle point of the molding to a middle point on the window frame.