Soffit changes shape at bumpout

mtldesigns

This has happened to me now on my last 2 or 3 plans..  When I lay out out my roof planes, with the overhang set, all my eaves and soffits line up nice, but as soon as I put a bump out of any kind, the soffit changes shape.  I fixed previously my putting in a poly solids and called it a day just to keep moving.  Now that it's happened again, I figure I need to share and ask the pros.  Is there a setting that I cannot find or have overlooked?

I recreated the same issue with a test model...  see attached. 

ROOF SOFFIT ISSUE.plan

SOFFIT 1.jpg

Hmm.. never really used vector view before.  Def cleaner and easier to see.

In regards to increasing depth.. I did try that for a test, and it seemed to work but as soon as you reconnect the planes, the soffit issue reappears. 

Well to keep the same fascia top height, I moved the roof plane out to get deeper soffit, then reconnected, and got the same issue.  Are you not getting the same thing I am?

Mood point on making soffit wider though, since client is set on the two bump outs being almost flush with eaves..  He doesn't want a bunch of ridges/valleys.  House is as rectangular as it can get.. no thrills or frills.  Even putting washer and dryer in garage.. who does that anymore??  

5 hours ago, solver said:

What I get.

That's what I get also Eric..  and that's why I thought I had to add  my statement to change from zero to whatever the overhang is for others who might have the same issue.

Curious though Eric, you quoted Michael on the length shouldn't be zero when you uncheck the Default to overhang.  But I do not see Michaels comment on this thread.  Weird... 

15 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

That's what I get also Eric..  and that's why I thought I had to add  my statement to change from zero to whatever the overhang is for others who might have the same issue.

Curious though Eric, you quoted Michael on the length shouldn't be zero when you uncheck the Default to overhang.  But I do not see Michaels comment on this thread.  Weird... 

I deleted it because I realized I was using a different approach that I realized didn't exactly apply here.  Sorry for the confusion.