Soffit Modification

C-Bates

Hi, i am a brand new to CA, my work is mostly a kitchen and bath designer......I put a soffit above kitchen sink in a bay/bump out, how do I modify the soffit so doesnt show square. The ends need to be cut back on a 45 degree angle? they are sticking to the exterior on perspective view.

Soffit modification.png

Soffits can corner join at either the front or back corner the same as other cabinets.  They can be joined even if you draw them sloppy, but I prefer to set a temp point to get them to join exactly where I want them.

Polyline solids, slabs, or counter tops will also work and would give you some more freedom with the shape.

angled soffits.png

Okay i created the polyline and looks great on floorplan & the 3d model looks perfect when i modfied it and set materials, I cannot get it to show up in the full overview....3d is checked on active display options...Please help???

Okay i created the polyline and looks great on floorplan & the 3d model looks perfect when i modfied it and set materials, I cannot get it to show up in the full overview....3d is checked on active display options...Please help???

If you post the plan, someone will probably be able to figure it out without having to make guesses.  If all else fails, you can always contact technical support.

There basically are no soffits in this renovation. The area above the bay drops down but is flush with the intersecting walls

I missed that detail from your first post.  Eric was correct in that you can't really do that with a soffit.  If you are using an automatic bay window, you can probably get what you want by just lowering the ceiling:

bay window.png

I am pretty sure this would work if i could just get it to show. I have it placed in the center of the room just to see if it shows. Once i get it to show i can move it into place. I designed it in place to fit right above the windows. Thanks guys, i feel bad asking these questions.....I am learning and have been stuck on this for hours :-(

56 minutes ago, C-Bates said:

Select the polyline solid in plan view and note what the layer it is on is, then in the "full overview....3d" mode turn that layer on.