what am i doing wrong

mazakintegrex

I made it to wits end trying to figure out how to fix this wall/roof plane issue.  I’ve watched and searched the forum & help dir for everything I could to do it right, last resorting here.  Ill describe steps taken to where I’m at, the best I can.  I saved & attached the plan without all the jazz to shrink the filesize a bit & hopefully someone can show or tell me what I am doing incorrectly!

1.       Drew 1st floor, created roof.  I have 3 vaulted rooms on the first floor

2.       Added derived 2nd floor for bonus room, defined as space attic, set 1.25" ceiling height

3.       Created bonus room above garage & set ceiling height to 97 1/8 within the room.  Rebuilt roof checking ignore top 2nd floor.

4.       At this point my vaulted rooms are not vaulting bc of the 2nd floor’s floor is there but the 2nd issue I will get into hasn’t occurred yet.

5.       Defined one of the 2nd floor exterior walls not connected to the bonus room walls “no room definition”

6.       When no room def is selected it lets first floor rooms vault, but causes 2 more issues.  I saved camera views for both issues I’m referring to.

a.       issue #1: An attic wall shows up in the great room’s interior

b.      issue #2:  The exterior wall in the master bedroom peels back under the full gable roof plane & I can’t figure out what I have to do to make it right.  I’ve tried taking the 2nd floor exterior wall & dragging it over the gap, but the side of the wall shows up inside the next rooms vault.  checked and unchecked just about every wall/roof option.  

if you have time to take a peek at it, please help a brother out

Thanks!

v3.74.test.plan