Add Crown Molding

gmdesigns45

I am trying to add crown molding and cannot find out to do it.

I need to add it to the back of a cabinet that is being pulled out beyond a wall to create an outside corner and lead into an adjacent set of cabinets.

I am working in CA Interiors x12.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Back of Cabinet Crown.png

3 minutes ago, gmdesigns45 said:

I am trying to add crown molding and cannot find out to do it.

I need to add it to the back of a cabinet that is being pulled out beyond a wall to create an outside corner and lead into an adjacent set of cabinets.

I am working in CA Interiors x12.

Search for how to use molding lines.

45 minutes ago, solver said:

Cabinets that have moldings attached should automatically have moldings on open sides/backs. If you are using a Molding Polyline, you will need to extend it yourself.

In your case @gmdesigns45 it is probably because you have the shelf up to it so it sees another cabinet touching it.  Try pulling the edge of the shelf back slightly from the back of that cabinet, or use the molding line method mentioned previously.

Thank you for the help and I know it would have worked, but the solution was simple.

I actually pulled the cabinet away from the back wall to see what was going on with the molding. The crown was on all 4 sides as it should be and when I put it back in place the crown appeared on the section of the back wall where the cabinet is exposed.

I am not sure why it did not happen when I first placed the cabinet.

Back of Cabinet No Crown.jpg

Back of Cabinet Crown in Place.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gmdesigns45 said:

I am not sure why it did not happen when I first placed the cabinet.

The Shelf next to that cabinet is seen by the program as a cabinet.  When you placed it originally it most likely was against that shelf and may have been slightly out of alignment either before or now with the cabinets on the other side of the full height cabinet.  The shelves tell the system no crown molding to be applied and the cabinet thinks that it is going to continue the crown molding on that cabinet.  As mentioned in that case you are able to pull the shelf back from the cabinet just a tiny bit to get the crown molding.