Stepped foundation

RCarter

I purchased X6 Xmas and have been having a problem stepping the foundation for houses that are on sloped  lots ( some of you may have seen my earlier posts). I had some replies and I have been corresponding with Tech Support. It is how March and I'm no further ahead. As you can see by the attached sketch I can step the top of the wall but the bottom section is just a tangle of lines. Previously I was using X-2 and had no problem preforming this simple task.

Has anyone had this problem and how can I fix it.

Thanks for your time

RCarter

post-565-0-12376400-1394285273_thumb.jpg

I purchased X6 Xmas and have been having a problem stepping the foundation for houses that are on sloped  lots ( some of you may have seen my earlier posts). I had some replies and I have been corresponding with Tech Support. It is how March and I'm no further ahead. As you can see by the attached sketch I can step the top of the wall but the bottom section is just a tangle of lines. Previously I was using X-2 and had no problem preforming this simple task.

Has anyone had this problem and how can I fix it.

Thanks for your time

RCarter

When I first saw this several months ago,  I thought it was you,  but I gave it a try and I had the same issue.  For some reason I did not follow up on it.  Here is a  pic of one I just did,  and I did not have the problem this time.  If you  post a dummied down version of the plan,  I will take a look.

post-50-0-79253100-1394285859_thumb.jpg

I wish you would post that plan,  love to see if it happens on my computer.  Just tried it on an older plan and no problems.  It was just so weird when you initially posted the question,  I tried it and I was stunned that it screwed up similar to what you are showing.  Have not seen it since.  I wonder if it just happened during on particular version of beta.  Do you have the same problem if you open a new plan and try it.  It may be a corrupt plan at this point.  

Delete foundation and give it another go.

RCarter,

I recently had the same problem using X6. I also see it happen in X5.

I moved the ends of those lines you are talking about and the problem went away.

The problem looks like the footing isn't generating correctly.

Are you using a Pony wall?

Jon

See if you can open this and step foundation

Okay,  got it,  yep,  it screwed  up when I started creating the step footing.  So what did I do?  I deleted the offensive foundation walls,  went to plan,  dragged the end of a wall that remained,  and replaced the wall that I had deleted.  I believe there were either 2 or 3 foundation walls I had to delete and create a new wall.  

As you can see by the pic,  it is working.  But,  I did experience the problem you were having,  I was having the same problem,  but by deleting the bad wall and replacing it,  all was well.

post-50-0-83084500-1394294109_thumb.jpg

Okay,  worked with your  pony walls,  there is an issue with the walls screwing up.  One of the walls did screw up on me.  As soon as it screwed up,  I deleted and selected an existing wall and dragged it around to replace deleted wall.  As you can see by pic,  for whatever reason,  I was able to do some weird stuff.

Bottom line,  as soon as wall screws up,  delete it,  and drag a new wall in it's place.  This  procedure should not be necessary,  but it is.

post-50-0-28184100-1394294929_thumb.jpg

Yes..I know you can work around it...but what bugs me is why should I have to...It worked great with X-2...so what happened between X-2 and X-5/6. It's like buying a new car only to realize it doesn't have power windows and someone tells you, you can work around this by cranking the windows down...

RCarter

I had a similar issue a while back with pony walls and step footings. It was in X5, but I seen glimpses of the same issue in X6. I eventually figured out a way around it, but it was definitely a pain in the a**!

If I remember correctly, I had to take a different (read backwards) approach to the stepped footings. Normally, I would have my regular footing elevation and step DOWN as required by the grading. Instead, I believe what worked was starting from the LOWEST footing elevation and stepping UP from there. It's definitely not the ideal way of doing things and takes a bit more calculating to figure things out.

This was my footing mess...

post-108-0-37284300-1394482049_thumb.jpg