Layers issue with foundations

MC_Florida

Good evening fellow CA'ers

I'm working on a project drawing involving interior stairs. I've been learning and have been using layers and layer sets. My problem. As seen in FoundationPlan1 below. I have the building foundation shown with a slab that surrounds 3 sides of the building. I'm working in the Default layer set. When I turn the slab layer off.... Why is it also turning off the foundation walls  even though the foundation layer is checked and shown as displayed? See FoundationPlan2. Are these connected in a default?

I'm working in X9. As always any help would be appreciated...

FoundationPlan1.jpg

FoundationPlan2.jpg

Just now, MC_Florida said:

Aren't they independent?

No.  a mono slab is defined by walls but it does not actually have any foundation walls to speak of.  If you have no walls, then Chief doesn't display walls.  Select that room and increase your Stem Wall height to be taller than your slab, and then you will have walls.  Otherwise, as I said before, all you have is a Slab and Footings.

That worked Mike. I raised the stem wall by 1/16 to 4 1/16". I was able to then turn off the slab layer and keep all the foundation. The repercussion is that 16th of an inch now shows up in the 1st floor wall height. FYI the slab elevation was 2" below floor elevation 0.