LeeDrafter

Hello,

I need to calculate room square footages to give to our supplier to order flooring. I noticed when room areas are displayed along with the room labels, it is not calculated to the interior of the walls. Walls seem to be included, and some rooms seem to be different than others on how the calculation is done. Is there a way to adjust how these room calculations are done? Or do you have other advice on how to get this information for flooring square footages? The only options I have come up with so far are drawing a bunch of polylines in all the rooms or doing the math with the dimensions, and I was hoping for something easier. 

Thank you

Lee- X12

If you are looking for square footage which works with everything that is not sheet goods like carpet or resilient flooring then throw a room finish schedule on the plan and make sure the room areas is one of the columns.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, LeeDrafter said:

thanks, that would be better for accuracy, but it seems like it would take quite a bit of time to do that for 15+ rooms in every plan I have :).  I'll ask the flooring people how accurate they need.

It's also really easy to create a room schedule that has this information. Once you customize the schedule to your liking, you can re-use the schedule in any plan just by copy and pasting! Here's a basic example...I keep the wall finish column blank because I rarely know the clients' paint choices. This way they can fill it in themselves as they make those decisions.

image.thumb.png.286cc23544dd369f50067df3243e4229.png

• Upvote 1