Interior Window Sill Does Not Extend To Window

dshall

I seems to me that the interior wall finish should be intelligent enough to turn the corner at a window (or door) and "wrap into" the rough opening until it encounters the frame. This would solve my drywall return problem. 

I think the drywall is intelligent enough wrap into opening.  The  problem is the SILL is not intelligent enough to go into the opening until it butts into window frame.

I think the drywall is intelligent enough wrap into opening.  The  problem is the SILL is not intelligent enough to go into the opening until it butts into window frame.

I'm no window installer, but I disagree. Chief places the top of the sill at the bottom edge of the window frame. I know there are different ways to do things, but I generally want the top of the sill to be level with the top of the edge of the frame so the sill will butt flush against the frame. Same with a drywall return. Chief DOES "wrap" the wall finish MATERIAL, but it doesn't wrap the wall finish THICKNESS. Just cut a section to see for yourself.

I'm no window installer, but I disagree. Chief places the top of the sill at the bottom edge of the window frame. I know there are different ways to do things, but I generally want the top of the sill to be level with the top of the edge of the frame so the sill will butt flush against the frame. Same with a drywall return. Chief DOES "wrap" the wall finish MATERIAL, but it doesn't wrap the wall finish THICKNESS. Just cut a section to see for yourself.

I agree,  the material wraps but the drywall does not,  not a problem for 3d views,  but not absolutely correct.

I agree,  I think,  that the top of sill level will top of window frame.....  but it is not that way.  I think what you are saying is the top of interior sill should be higher by the thickness of the sill and extend into opening up to the window frame.

Take a look at the outside sill.  It is not raised  up the thickness of the sill yet it looks pretty good in 3d.

Bottom line,  something is amiss.

The exterior sill usually wants to be just below the bottom edge of the window frame. Depending on where you're setting the window within the depth of the wall. The interior sill, however, is incorrect, IMO. I want flush casing. I want drywall returns. I want an interior sill that that is "flush", or level with the frame - just like a jamb extension. Really, we should be able to specify overall depth and inset for our interior and exterior sills.