Chief Not Loading

Csnrv2019

Friends I went to open a plan this morning and have found a glitch with the program. Whenever I try to run the program or open a plan it simply does nothing. I have tried to run as administrator, repair the file, verified the update, uninstalled and reinstalled and I am still unable to open the program. No error codes, no dialogue boxes, or any notifications. Support doesn't open for another couple of hours so I thought I would see if anyone here may have a fix or another thought on what I should check to get it running. Thanks in advance for your time. Mike

Yeah I have never had a problem like this either. I will be calling when they open. Thanks

I have restarted several times, I have been out for 3 weeks so it hasn't been used for a while. Unsure if any updates to windows has caused it since it has been so long. Thanks anyway, I will just wait on support to open. 

So just to update everyone on what we discovered with this error. 

I updated my signature to reflect the current system I am using!

With that being said I was using a Dell Thunderbolt docking station prior to receiving the 49" Dell Monitor in November. The limitations of that docking station would not allow me to have the 3 monitors connected at all times, so I then purchased a Startech.com docking station that would support this setup of monitors. Unannounced to me at the time the station uses Displaylink technology via 2 display ports that when running everything I use besides Chief Architect was working fine. Due to holidays and covid, I returned to work yesterday, and when you open CA the program detects the system is not meeting the minimum requirements to operate. If I disconnect the monitors from the display ports and only use the HDMI connected monitor the program loads and I can then connect the other 2 monitors and use the program. However, I was told that if I tried to render or do some other tasks it would most likely crash the program and would have to restart, thus lose recent work as well possibly. 

So if anyone is looking at using a docking station with their setup, I wanted to bring to your attention, the possible limitations of such a setup and a costly miscalculation! 

I would be glad to discuss further if needed and am going to start another thread with this information for easier finding in the future for others who may be researching uses of docking stations in their setup. 

Hope this helps someone, stay safe, and thanks! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...