Importing x12 user catalog into X11...can I go back!

Waugbee

I know this may seem redundant to go backward to x11 from x12.  But I have lost 2 big clients because of x12 not functioning properly.  I have a newly built Gaming Computer and after contacting CA, and them walking me though all checks and confirming that it was fine, I keep having issues.  

If CA doesn't just flash off the screen without warning and no error code, saying my file is corrupt in the middle of working and shuts down, or my computer giving me the dreaded blue screen in the middle.  

Anyway, I am trying to take my user catalog with hours of work importing symbols, colors and profiles from my siding guys, and all other items from x12 to x11.  I have exported my user catalog but it says that it had the wrong number associated with it and it will close and no files will be copied.  

PLEASE, IS THERE A WAY TO GET MY USER CATALOG FROM X12 TO X11.  I REALLY NEED TO GET THE PRODUCT TO MY LAST CLIENT SO I DON'T LOOSE THEM AS WELL.

By the way, is anyone else having trouble at all with x12. Any ideas of what could be causing the crash or just closing for no reason.

Thanks everyone in advance.  I appreciate your help.

You can't take your user library from X12 and import it into X11 (at least not easily).  You also can't take any plans created in X12 and open them up in X11 (although you can export a plan as 2D cad and import this into X11 and trace over it).

Your best bet is to try and resolve your X12 issues.  These kinds of problems are almost always hardware or system issues, usually video card related.  I would encourage you to review this tech article (if you have not already done so):

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03049/troubleshooting-chief-architect-software-closing-unexpectedly-on-windows.html

I would also recommend that you continue to work with our technical support team to see if you can get this resolved.

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried all those and spoke with Support.  I will try to recreate it all again in x11 to be sure for now.  I still hope x12 gets resolved.  I will try again with support when I get time.  

Thanks and have a great day.  

I follow this forum daily and read most posts

if there were issues with X12 others would be posting about them

I agree with Dermot that you are  most likely having hardware issues

do you have access to another computer - even for just conducting a test

where you install X12 on that computer and see if the issue(s) persist 

Lew

17 hours ago, Waugbee said:

I still hope x12 gets resolved.

I have used X12 since the day it was put in my digital locker. The issue you are having, I'm 99.9% sure, is hardware related on your end. I don't have a custom built machine, just an off the shelf HP that I put an Nvidia graphics card in, so if there were issue with the software itself, I would have found them.