Window won't go through furred wall at closet


TimZ_at_JnJ
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a furred wall on a foundation wall and the window comes through just fine.  When I add a wall butting to the furred wall at a distance of 4" or more from the window, it's fine.   However, if I move the butted wall closer than 4" from the window, the furred wall runs full height, blocking the window.  The plan is have the butted wall flush with the window opening, but how do I get my window to show through the furred wall again?  I've checked my settings and nothing is changing other than the butted wall coming within 4" of the window.

 

Thank you in advance.

FndWallWind-works.png

FndWallWind-wrong.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, TimZ_at_JnJ said:

Zip of file attached.

Proposed Basement.zip


I was able to open your plan in the demo version of X12 and confirmed that if you select "ignore casing for opening resize" this will fix your problem.  You will need to reposition the wall or open and close the window dbx to make it take effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AvoyeDesign said:

 


I was able to open your plan in the demo version of X12 and confirmed that if you select "ignore casing for opening resize" this will fix your problem.  You will need to reposition the wall or open and close the window dbx to make it take effect.

Just to add to this unless you remove your 1/2" rough opening for sides you will still need to move that wall 1/2" away before it will punch through once you have done as Rod mentions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Just to add to this unless you remove your 1/2" rough opening for sides you will still need to move that wall 1/2" away before it will punch through once you have done as Rod mentions.

 

I was just looking into this, as I was having that issue yet.  However, I set Each Side to 0", but it's still not working.

If I move either the window or the wall 1/16" of an inch off, it works.  But I'd really prefer to have them line up as that is how it will be constructed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TimZ_at_JnJ said:

 

I was just looking into this, as I was having that issue yet.  However, I set Each Side to 0", but it's still not working.

If I move either the window or the wall 1/16" of an inch off, it works.  But I'd really prefer to have them line up as that is how it will be constructed.

 

Ok, I used a CAD line along the butted wall and dragged the window so it would line up flush, then copied the line down the 28" (width of the window), aligned that side.  First time, it didn't work.  Tried it again, and now it's working!

 

Thank you for the help!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    30394
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    Char91
    Newest Member
    Char91
    Joined