Cloud service with integrated architectural software, like eg. autocad?

TeamVilla

Are there cloud services that work together with a software like autocad? I'm searching for a service where I can subscribe to store data (projects) in autocad (or similar), so other professionals can work on the same project via the cloud and the employer can see the progress.

18 hours ago, johnny said:

Edit - I guess reading your post again you're actually looking for something like Dropbox or Onedrive. There isn't collaboration tools in Chief like other apps.

Yes, I'm looking for a cad program that operates from a cloud. So the person working with it doesn't have to have the program installed but uses it online and safes the project in the cloud. So he could basically log in on any computer and get straight to work!

59 minutes ago, TeamVilla said:

Yes, I'm looking for a cad program that operates from a cloud. So the person working with it doesn't have to have the program installed but uses it online and safes the project in the cloud. So he could basically log in on any computer and get straight to work!

The closest CAD I know of to do what you want is SoftPlan.  You can load the software on as many computers as you need to get the job done and then transfer your USB hardware key to the machine you want to work on... or buy multiple keys. 

One feature I like is the software tracks when a plan file is in use by someone so another user can't come in and accidently overwrite the file while another is using it.

All projects can be set so they will be automatically saved to the cloud.

SoftPlan Project Screenshot 2021-01-11 102951.jpg

3 minutes ago, parkwest said:

The closest CAD I know of to do what you want is SoftPlan.  You can load the software on as many computers as you need to get the job done and then transfer your USB hardware key to the machine you want to work on... or buy multiple keys. 

Out of curiosity how is that any different than Chief Architect?

• Upvote 1