Dropdown selection issue....anyone else?

mgabriel

Running on Mac here....just discovered an interesting problem and would like to know if it is CA in general, CA on Mac, or ME and CA.  I tried to create a symbol, but could not select anything other than the default option in the "type" dropdown list.  Then I tried to change wall type in the wall dbx.  Again, couldn't select any other option than the default.  I could drag the cursor down the dropdown list and the individual selection options would highlight.  When I would get to the option I wanted, I click, but nothing happens.

Anybody else having this issue???  I have already reported to tech support, just interested if the community is seeing this.

....., but could not select anything other than the default option in the "type" dropdown list.  Then I tried to change wall type in the wall dbx. ......

No  problems here in making a symbol,  where is the "type" option,  your question is very unclear,  I bet the  problem is you,  explain again what you are trying to do and we will figure it out.

symbol type....when you create a symbol you can choose: fixture, molding, etc.....

Rebooted and the problem seems to have subsided for now.

I thought that is what you were trying to do.  Yep,  never had that problem,  one of those funny gremlins that pop up once in a while that can be fixed with a few curse words and a reboot.

Running on Mac here....just discovered an interesting problem and would like to know if it is CA in general, CA on Mac, or ME and CA.  I tried to create a symbol, but could not select anything other than the default option in the "type" dropdown list.  Then I tried to change wall type in the wall dbx.  Again, couldn't select any other option than the default.  I could drag the cursor down the dropdown list and the individual selection options would highlight.  When I would get to the option I wanted, I click, but nothing happens.

Anybody else having this issue???  I have already reported to tech support, just interested if the community is seeing this.

I run into a similar issue editing fills in wall definitions from time to time. I click on the dropdown list but I can't select any pattern. Usually, when this happens, Chief crashes on me shortly after. And of course, it happens when I'm really busy and don't have time to report it! Happened a couple weeks ago, but nothing since.