Deck edge, railing

BnCKelley

good evening again, I apologize for so many post. I'm up against the wall on this one and I just don't have time to research for days for answers. I've drawn a deck edge for my porch and I need a foundation under it as previously mentioned, but I'm also trying to inset my handrail a couple of inches from the edge but every time I do this it overlays and becomes one. Is there any way to keep this separate?

There are several ways. One way is to draw your deck at the larger size first, open the deck room, click on the Deck tab, uncheck Automatically Rebuild Deck Framing and check Keep Deck Framing after Deck Room is Deleted.  Now move your railing walls.

Another way is to increase the thickness of your walls.

And yet another way is to make all your deck defining walls Invisible and then use No Room Definition walls for the actual railing.  This is one of the trickier routes (especially with regard to dealing with the various wall transitions) but offers a few capabilities than the other 2 options don’t.  

There are other methods as well, but see if one of those does it for you. 

If you're referring to the room specification box, I do not see anywhere to click or check such. I tried making my deck edge wall thicker and that didn't work. I'm doing these as I reply. So I get to the last one and I make my deck edge invisible, and all of the sudden a handrail pops up I've never seen before? But it works for me! Thanks, now if I could only get a foundation under the porch slab