Slow in Layout

eubanks

I have read most of the previous posts on this, so I am familiar with the suggested workarounds. My company has layout files with 50+ sheets. The problem is, working in a layout is SLOW. We're talking 45 seconds plus just to move a text box on the sheet. The only workaround that actually stops this problem is to convert the renderings to "plot lines." This seems like a major flaw in the software, considering all the renderings are "update on demand." The renderings do not need to be refreshed all the time and I do not understand why they are affecting the speed of the layout. While I can continue going back and forth changing to plot lines when printing, this does waste time, approximately 10 or more minutes every time I want to print to PDF. 

I tried "reducing the undos," working offline, purging unused materials and cad blocks with no results. Thank you for listening, and if you know something let me know. 

35 minutes ago, eubanks said:

I tried "reducing the undos," working offline, purging unused materials and cad blocks with no results. Thank you for listening, and if you know something let me know

Do you have images or PDFs in the layout? 
Can you do a dropbox share link so we can see?